Its hard to believe but I have cruised with NCL for a whopping 84 nights! It is absolutely mad to think that I have spent almost 3 months at sea, what a happy few months. Because of the amount of time I have spent onboard I have a latitudes reward status of platinum. Platinum status is between 80-174 nights at sea so I have quite a long way to go before I can ‘level up’. To read about my experience with the Platinum perks click here: NCLs platinum rewards status.
“As a member, you receive one rewards point for every night you cruise with us. You earn an additional point per night for booking in a Suite* or in The Haven or booking with a Latitudes special offer.”
Everybody is automatically enrolled on the latitudes programme after their first cruise. Guests returning for a second cruise can expect a number of perks:
Bronze perks (1-29 nights):
- Priority check in. I’m not sure how good this one is as I’m normally in the Platinum queue.
- A bottle of sparkling wine per stateroom (woohoo!)
- 10% off the duty free shops.
- A number of other perks which I don’t really think are that interesting…
Silver perks (30-54 nights):
- The same as the above plus…
- Exclusive cocktail party. (I’ve never actually gone to this, the whole ship is a party to me! Good if you want to make friends though).
- 10% off shore excursions. They can get expensive so any discount is good in my book!
- 20% discount on photos.
Gold perks (55-79):
- All of the above plus…
- 1 bottle of water per stateroom, I hope this is a big bottle.
- 50% off a bag of laundry.
- Priority tender tickets.
- Priority disembarkation (if you’re from the US).
Platinum perks (80-174):
- All of the stuff above and…
- Priority embarkation, this wasn’t a benefit when I cruised last May but it does sound good. I always want to get on the ship as soon as possible and this would help with that plan… straight to the food I say.
- Dinner for two at Cagneys with a bottle of wine (per stateroom).
- Dinner for Two at Moderno or La Cucina (per stateroom).
- 30 mins free internet. This is a perk which I am actually really excited about. I rarely buy internet onboard cruise ships because of the cost but a free 30 minutes would be good. Just enough time to send a few photos and check your emails. Perfect!
- Behind the scenes ship tour.
- Free bag of laundry. I LOVED this one. My boyfriend and I washed a whole bag of t-shirts which was really helpful as we packed light. (We packed for two weeks in a cabin bag actually! To read more about that click here: Packing for two weeks in a cabin bag.)
Platinum plus perks (175 – 699):
- It blows my mind a little that people can have racked up this many nights at sea (lucky them)! They get all of the perks above plus…
- Dinner with the officers. I honestly don’t understand why people want to do this, it doesn’t interest me.
- Priority restaurant and entertainment seating.
- 700 nights!! That’s almost two years. This status gets everything mentioned above and…
- A complimentary 7 day cruise!! I can’t help thinking that if you can afford 700 days at sea you can probably afford another 7. A free 7 day cruise would probably mean a lot more to somebody with a bronze/gold/platinum status than somebody who already almost lives on a cruise ship. (I’m just jealous…)
Please note: Discounts on shops/photos do increase as you rise through the tiers. I just didn’t write them all down. Everything listed was correct as of February 2017 but please do check with NCL if you are unsure of anything! https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/latitudes-rewards-program
I love the perks which I experienced when last travelling with NCL and my platinum status. I doubt I will be getting to the higher tier anytime soon, but I am only 22. Could be cruising til I’m 100! Who knows…
What tier are you and what benefits do you enjoy? Let me know in the comments!
We’re finalists in the Wave awards as ‘best cruise blogger’! That is a seriously big deal, especially in our first year. Can’t quite believe it. If you like what we’re doing here and could spare 10 seconds please vote for us. You only have to fill in your name, email and tick our box. You could win a cruise too!