Its hard to believe but I have cruised with NCL for a whopping 84 nights! It is absolutely mad to think that I have spent almost 3 months at sea, what a happy few months. Because of the amount of time I have spent onboard I have a latitudes reward status of platinum. Platinum status is between 80-174 nights at sea so I have quite a long way to go before I can ‘level up’. To read about my experience with the Platinum perks click here: NCLs platinum rewards status.
“As a member, you receive one rewards point for every night you cruise with us. You earn an additional point per night for booking in a Suite* or in The Haven or booking with a Latitudes special offer.”
Everybody is automatically enrolled on the latitudes programme after their first cruise. Guests returning for a second cruise can expect a number of perks:
Bronze perks (1-29 nights):
- Priority check in. I’m not sure how good this one is as I’m normally in the Platinum queue.
- A bottle of sparkling wine per stateroom (woohoo!)
- 10% off the duty free shops.
- A number of other perks which I don’t really think are that interesting…
Silver perks (30-54 nights):
- The same as the above plus…
- Exclusive cocktail party. (I’ve never actually gone to this, the whole ship is a party to me! Good if you want to make friends though).
- 10% off shore excursions. They can get expensive so any discount is good in my book!
- 20% discount on photos.
Gold perks (55-79):
- All of the above plus…
- 1 bottle of water per stateroom, I hope this is a big bottle.
- 50% off a bag of laundry.
- Priority tender tickets.
- Priority disembarkation (if you’re from the US).
Platinum perks (80-174):
- All of the stuff above and…
- Priority embarkation, this wasn’t a benefit when I cruised last May but it does sound good. I always want to get on the ship as soon as possible and this would help with that plan… straight to the food I say.
- Dinner for two at Cagneys with a bottle of wine (per stateroom).
- Dinner for Two at Moderno or La Cucina (per stateroom).
- 30 mins free internet. This is a perk which I am actually really excited about. I rarely buy internet onboard cruise ships because of the cost but a free 30 minutes would be good. Just enough time to send a few photos and check your emails. Perfect!
- Behind the scenes ship tour.
- Free bag of laundry. I LOVED this one. My boyfriend and I washed a whole bag of t-shirts which was really helpful as we packed light. (We packed for two weeks in a cabin bag actually! To read more about that click here: Packing for two weeks in a cabin bag.)
Platinum plus perks (175 – 699):
- It blows my mind a little that people can have racked up this many nights at sea (lucky them)! They get all of the perks above plus…
- Dinner with the officers. I honestly don’t understand why people want to do this, it doesn’t interest me.
- Priority restaurant and entertainment seating.
- 700 nights!! That’s almost two years. This status gets everything mentioned above and…
- A complimentary 7 day cruise!! I can’t help thinking that if you can afford 700 days at sea you can probably afford another 7. A free 7 day cruise would probably mean a lot more to somebody with a bronze/gold/platinum status than somebody who already almost lives on a cruise ship. (I’m just jealous…)
Please note: Discounts on shops/photos do increase as you rise through the tiers. I just didn’t write them all down. Everything listed was correct as of February 2017 but please do check with NCL if you are unsure of anything! https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/latitudes-rewards-program
I love the perks which I experienced when last travelling with NCL and my platinum status. I doubt I will be getting to the higher tier anytime soon, but I am only 22. Could be cruising til I’m 100! Who knows…
What tier are you and what benefits do you enjoy? Let me know in the comments!